Earaches can be caused by mild infection or a change in altitude.
Here are some ways to relieve the pain associated with this
- Sooth the ear with the warm, not the hot setting, of a hairdryer.
Now be careful and make sure it is on the warm setting.
- If you puncture a piece of garlic and pour the juice in
the ear it will help to take the pain away. Garlic has a natural
antibiotic, so use it, and see if it helps.
- If the ache is from altitude change, just chew gum or yawn
to relieve the pain.
- If you get it from swimming, usually called, swimmer's ear,
just put some mineral oil in before going in the water. This
should help the condition.
- If the pain is bad and doesn't go away quickly, make sure
you go to the doctor, he can give you an antibiotic to cure
Excessive earwax can cause hearing problems and can cause pain.
Here are a few tips to help you out.
Before you do any of these remedies, make sure that you go to
the doctor if your fever is high. Here are a few things to calm
- A capful of hydrogen peroxide in each ear, let it set for
a minute or two, and then let it drain out. It is a very odd
sensation, but that's it working. Mineral oil also works.
Here is another little tip, I tried using garlic oil and you
can get that from a health food store. I find that this works
- After you take a shower or bath, blow dry your ears instead
of rubbing them. One drop of alcohol after bathing can also
prevent excessive earwax.
- DO NOT remove earwax using anything that you stick in your
ear, it is very dangerous and you can puncture your eardrum,
so I repeat again, DO NOT do it.
- If all these small things don't work go to the doctor and
get a professional flushing.
- Plenty of fluids, water and fruit juice is the best. When
you have a fever, your body sweats, and you lose alot of fluid
and can be dangerous. So drink liquids, juice is the best
because of the amount of vitamins and minerals they have.
- Herbal teas are good to lower fever. The best teas are:
- Willow Bark
- Black Elder
- A sponge bath can cool off and lower the fever. Armpits
and groin are usually the hottest, so you should pay special
attention to these areas.
- Eating, yes, if you can eat. Don't eat to excess, but if
you can eat, because it will boost your immune system. Remember,
eat healthy food.
Recently in the Northeast, where I am, there was a severe outbreak
of the flu. Now this can make you feel worst than anything else,
and you should go to the doctor if its bad and you should think
about getting a flu vaccine. Now here are a few helpful remedies
to make the flu seem a little more tolerable.
- Plenty of rest, it will help your immune system
- Gargle with salt water to help relieve that dry scratchy
throat that is so common with the flu.
- Steam, steam will help clear your head and make you feel
- Try to avoid eating to much, eat light to prevent vomiting
and nausea. The blander the food the better.
- Wash your hands frequently, when everyone around you is
sick there germs are everywhere and it would be a good idea
to wash your hands frequently.
- Add a dose of vitamin E would also help boost the immune
system. Also Vitamin C and Zinc can also help.
Foot odor can be an embarrassing thing and there are things
you can do to prevent this problem. Here are some helpful hints:
- Wash your feet every day and use powder, cornstarch or a
special foot powder.
- If you steep 4 tea bags in a quart of boiling water. Then
put the tea in a basin with a liter of water to cool it off,
then dunk your feet. Tannin present in tea, is a drying agent
and it will help control the odor. Do this twice a day until
the odor goes away.
- Cypress oil can also help. Rub this on your feet every morning
for a week, if the odor goes away, then you can use this oil
to prevent odor in the future.
- Sweaty feet can also cause a problem, you can either use
1 quart of water with kosher salt and soak your feet in it,
or you can also use a half a cup of vinegar instead of the
- Garlic and onions can also cause the problem, you are what
you eat, and you smell what you eat sometimes. Garlic, while
being one of the best foods for you, can also cause odor.
If you eat a lot of garlic it will come out in your sweat,
and if your feet sweat, and, well, you get a recipe for foot
So you had one too many drinks last night and now your body
is rebelling against you abusing it, well here are some tips
to get rid of that hangover.
- Eat Crackers and honey. Honey has a high source of fructose
and will be helpful in removing the remainder of the alcohol
in your system. Fruit juice will do the same thing because
of it's high level of fructose.
- Aspirin for a headache or you can chew on some willow bark,
willow bark contains a substance used in aspirin and will
help your headache. You can find it in a health food store
if you want to try an alternative to aspirin.
- Plenty of water, it will help flush out the alcohol, also
too much alcohol leaves the body dehydrated, so have a drink,
I mean of water, not the other stuff, that's what gave you
the hangover in the first place.
- This is the weirdest cure for a hangover, rub lemon slices
under each armpit. I don't know, I've been told this works,
I don't drink myself so I have to admit I'm not the best to
tell you if this remedy works.
There are many types of headaches and many causes to headaches.
Now I'm a headache sufferer myself so I've tried a lot of these
remedies. Hopefully these tips will help you as well. I will
segment the headache section into groups, so here are all the
cures for the different types.
- Tension Headaches, now the simplest way and usually the
most effective is just to take an aspirin, however, there
are natural treatments that may help you. Placing a warm pad
on the back of your head or you can try taking a warm shower
or bath. Also if you can reduce your stress you'll suffer
less from the pain of a tension headache.
- Migraine Headaches, I would suggest that a doctor's visit
is in order if you have migraine headaches often, it can give
you crippling pain and makes you feel just miserable. There
are many causes of a migraine, try and reduce stress levels,
and when you feel it coming on lie down in a quiet dark room.
Now I find this to be very helpful if you feel a headache
of any type coming on, but it really does help to relieve
the pain of a migraine. You can also apply a cold compress
to your head and a warm one to your neck. Breathe nice and
slowly and just relax.
- Caffeine can also help, caffeine constricts the blood vessels
which widen during a migraine headache. Now, I'm not a big
fan of this treatment because you can become addicted to caffeine,
and if you don't have a caffeine you can get a headache, so
just use it when you have a headache.
- Sinus Headache, this occurs when there is an infection in
the sinuses. This one you should go to the doctor.
- Some helpful hints on getting rid of a headache
- Dip a handkerchief in white vinegar and wrap it around
your head. Now, I use this one myself, but sometimes I
just eliminate the white vinegar and just use the handkerchief
tied around my head.
- Try acupressure, try rubbing the space between your
index finger and your thumb, this can work sometimes.
- Taking your aspirin with coffee can really make the
aspirin more effective...it makes it work faster and better,
but remember about the danger of caffeine addiction.
- Run your hands under hot water, this can also be an
effective way to stop a headache.
This can be very painful and it can ruin your evening. There
are a few things that you can do to relieve this pain.
- Don't lie flat on your back. Heartburn is caused by the
acid in your stomach moving upward to your esophagus. So if
you are flat on a bed, it just makes it a little more difficult
for the acid to go down.
- Try having a bowl of rice pudding, made with milk, now this
combo of the two should help absorb stomach acid.
- Coffee and chocolate can inflame heartburn, so avoid them
if you can.
- If you heartburn is a regular problem, you should think
about going to the doctor.
I don't even want to discuss this problem, and that's the problem
with hemorrhoids, many people have it, but it is an embarrassing
problem that no one wants to admit. So, in the privacy of your
own home I'm going to give you some helpful hints about the
problem of hemorrhoids, aren't you glad that you bought that
computer and now you can sit at home and not discuss this problem
with someone you know. Let's all bless the internet for moments
like this. So here are the cures:
- Vitamin E in the liquid form and wheat germ oil are both
effective on hemorrhoids. Just put them on a cotton ball and
apply it a few times a day until the pain goes away.
- You can also try bathing the area, you know what area I
mean, in papaya juice. Look at the health food store for this.
- You can also try aloe vera on the area.
- Once they go away, eat more fiber, because if you don't
have to strain when going to the bathroom, you'll also reduce
the likelihood of the hemorrhoids from coming back.
- If all these don't work I suggest you think about discussing
hemorrhoids with everyone you meet, trust me the humiliation
of talking about it will far outweigh any discomfort you feel
with your hemorrhoids and you'll complete forget about them.
Hiccup, well, hiccup, you want to know how to get rid of, hiccups,
well here are some helpful little hints to get rid of these
annoying little things.
- A teaspoon of sugar taken dry can eliminate the hiccups.
- Try this one, rub the roof of your mouth with your tongue,
this works with some people.
- Sniff some sandalwood oil on a cotton ball.
- Dill Seed Tea also seems to work.
- Sucking a lemon with worcestershire sauce can also work.
- Have someone scare you senseless, now this never works because
you know it's coming, so if you have the hiccups right now,
just stay calm really calm, BOOH Okay,
so did that work? It didn't? Well, try the other remedies,